Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Through a freind's eyes

I have several friends who blog on a regular basis. I will get a message on Facebook or I will get an e-mail letting me know when they have posted a new post on their blog. Not too long ago I was reading a friend’s blog, about a friend they met in college. As I was reading my friend’s post I began to realize my friend was writing about me. It was interesting to catch a glimpse of myself through my friend’s eyes.

We were made to be in relationships. We need relationships. We need people around us who will help us see ourselves in a little different way. Often, we can’t see things about ourselves, because we are too close to the situation… We need people around us who can help us see the good and bad in our lives that we are blind to. That does not mean we let others define who we are, but we need to let others speak into our lives so that we have a more complete picture of who we are.

Having people in our lives that can and will help us see ourselves more completely is a huge gift to us. They can help us act in a different way or refrain from doing certain things so that we don’t always have to learn the hard way. They can also help us see the many ways we are unique, we are gifted, and the talents we were created with.

I hope that you have people in your life who will celebrate your uniqueness by sharing with you the gifts and talents they see in you. I hope that you have people in your life that will help steer you away from the pitfalls they see up ahead. I hope that you have people who will help you see yourself in a more complete way, those that will not define who you are but will let you grow into who you were created to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment